July 20, 2008

Quitters never prosper

I have this addiction.

And I want to quit.

And as i type this and look at that line, part of me is laughing and part of me is crying. I was outside on my patio, contemplating this to myself as i fell into this addiction, when I stepped on this small pin. It had it's back on, but part of the needle was peaking out of the shell.

Maybe it was supposed to get my attention.

I picked it up and all it said was "Real"

How are you supposed to stop participating in something you enjoy when you know it's bad for you. An abusive relationship with myself and I'm unable to walk away.

I need a shower, but I need to clean more than my skin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted you to know that I read your blog and found it very interesting. Your writing is amazing. I hope you don't mind that I am commenting anonymously, but I wanted you to know that I know a little of what you are going through with your addiction. I have watched my husband for the last 6 years struggle with his addiction to pain killers. It was only when he started getting involved in Alcoholics Anonymous that he found help. You can go on their website and find dates and times of meetings you can go to. Turn to your higher power for help, you can overcome it!